- 1 kg chicken wings or boneless thighs (skin on)
- 125ml Firecracker Glaze
- 4 Finely chopped spring onions (white and green parts)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 finely sliced fresh chilli (optional )
- Picked coriander leaves
- Place the chicken skin side down in one layer, into a large dry frypan, browning over a moderate heat until dark golden on both sides , about 5 mins each.
- Pour over 125ml of our Firecracker Glaze and cover with freshly boiled water until the chicken is just covered, stirring to mix the water and glaze together.
- Simmer over a moderate heat for approx 20-35 mins - this depends on the size of the chicken pieces. Turn the chicken a few times to ensure even cooking.
- As the water reduces, the liquid will evaporate until there is eventually no liquid left, just a sticky glaze.
- Turn the chicken to ensure all the pieces are covered. At this stage you could remove the chicken if the liquid isn't reduced enough, then boil vigorously until the desired consistency is achieved , be vigilant here, as it can easily burn. Throw the chicken pieces back in, coat with sauce then transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with one, or all of the garnishes .. spring onions, sesame seeds, fresh chilli or coriander leaves.
- Tip … always make more than you think you might need as this dish is addictive!
- Smokey Bourbon BBQ Ribs
- Miso and Ginger Cauliflower Steak
- Pork , Apple & Walnut Salad
- BANG BANG CHICKEN
- Campfire BBQ Pork Cheeks
- Firecracker Chicken
- Cauliflower, Couscous and Pine Nut Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
- Tofu, Brown Rice and Enoki Salad with Basketcase Miso Dressing
- Basketcase Fish and Chips
- Popcorn Chicken
- BBQ RIBS SMOKEY PORK
- Korean Glaze